Monday 8 March 2010

You're going well!

This weekend was a great one for running. The weather was dry, sunny and cool (cold). The rain last week made the underfoot sticky but the sun was baking it dry, so just enough squelch and resistance.

I did the same run twice (extended pea field) both during sunset. The lowering sun over the river Deben really was a delight. And going late meant I only saw two dogs all weekend, which were together and on leads, bonus!

Yesterday I was coming down Sandy Lane and went past two runners coming up towards me. The first a friendly lady said hi. I skipped on 200 yards and saw the second, an older chap in his 70s. He was doing more of a fast walk than a run but it is a fair incline and long one too. As I went past he smiled and said ‘you’re going well’. Suddenly I felt an added spring and enjoyed the two miles home.

Over the remainder of my run it got me thinking about people who encourage me during work. Every time I see Adam Gray I get abuse but never do I leave a conversation or a meeting without a ‘you’re going well’ comment, like the one I got on my run yesterday. Thanks to that chap and Adam this is something I’m going to start doing more both on runs and at work to give others that happy, motivated, feeling.

1 comment:

  1. I always like to be supportive, so here goes...

    "You're going, well, going WRONG!"

    How was that?

    ReplyDelete