Friday 5 March 2010

Opportunities from running

I’ve had two great runs this week. One was traditional and the second much more profitable.

Over the last month Simon and I have been running back from work once or twice a week – Simon is in great form at the moment and to be honest showing me a clean pair of heels. But on Wednesday my rhythm was back and it really was a pleasure to be going through the woods at night. The feeling of running fast through a tunnel was back – this time with light at the end of it!

On Monday I had a Dynamics CRM sales training day at Microsoft in Reading – great food, great talks and great motivational stuff. At the end of the day three xbox’s were given away. Two were given away with a draw for event feedback forms. When the final feedback form was about to be drawn Gavin Ingham, the motivational guy for the day, said ‘the days been about selling – so let’s not draw this one – who wants it?’

As you can imagine everyone put their hands up, Gavin then said ‘that is too easy, we have been talking about selling, attitude, reaching higher, going further for our clients...someone show me you really want it’

As soon as he started saying this my running instinct took hold – luckily i was on an aisle seat so jumped up, skipped down to the front and stood next to him. As Gavin finished he turned, looked a bit surprised I was standing there and I said ‘please can I have it?’. He kindly gave me the xbox.

It just goes to show when we go for a run we never know the opportunities that will come from it. On Wednesday it was for that amazing sensation when you feel at one with nature and yourself, but on Monday for an xbox.

1 comment:

  1. Tom

    Results come to those who stand up (or run up on this occasion) and take action.

    Good to meet you and have fun with the Xbox!
    Gavin

    ReplyDelete